Shielding Technologies, Soestdijkseweg Noord 405 (3723 HD Bilthoven), is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement. We explain below which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We encourage you to read this statement carefully.
If you wish to contact us about this privacy statement, you can do so through the contact details below.
Soestdijkseweg Noord 405
3723 HD Bilthoven
Tel: +31 (0) 6 5322 6369
We process personal data to carry out our work. In some cases we work together with third parties.
We think it is of great importance that personal data is handled with care. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. We adhere to the requirements of the privacy legislation. That means, for example, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
- restrict the collection of personal data to only the personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask you first for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- Do not disclose your information to third parties unless necessary to provide the service requested, or if we are legally obliged;
- when we share your data, make agreements with third parties, we will ensure that they are not used for other purposes;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information and also require parties that process personal data on behalf of us;
- respect your right to provide your personal data for inspection, to correct or delete the data.
Use of personal data
When using our services and websites, you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. We do not always process all the data below. That depends on which services and functionalities you choose to use on our websites.
Depending on the services and functionalities that you use on our websites, we may process the following personal data from you:
- First and last name
- company details
- e-mail address
- phone number
- date of birth
- name and address details
- information that you enter yourself in an open field, such as a message in the contact form
- IP address
- internet browser and device type
We use the above information for the organization of an optimal administration and for sending your orders. IP addresses are checked to prevent multiple spam and intrusion attempts. W
We process the above data for one or more of the following purposes (depending on which services or functionalities you use):
- To handle your payment.
- To send our newsletter and/or advertising brochure.
- To enable us to call or e-mail you if necessary to carry out our services.
- To inform you about changes of our services and products.
- To deliver goods and services to you.
- To protect the website against hackers, IP addresses are compared with (incorrect) log-in attempts.
- Shielding Technologies analyzes your behaviour on the website in order to improve the website.
- Shielding Technologies also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as information that we need for our tax return.
Provision to third parties
We will pass on the information you provide to third parties, if this is necessary for the delivery of the products ordered by you, or the services requested.
When we provide your data to a third party, we provide, among other things, that your data will not be used for other purposes. We also agree that your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
Security and storage
We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. In this way we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly.
We do not store the data longer than necessary. This means that we keep the data as long as necessary to deliver the service you have requested. With the exception of this, the data that we have to keep longer because the law obliges us to do so.
If you have the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- TLS (formerly SSL) We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can see this at the address bar ‘https’ and the padlock in the address bar.
These cookies are also used to make the website work well and to optimize it. In addition, we place cookies that keep track of your surfing behaviour so that we understand how the website can be better developed. On your first visit to our website we have already informed you about these cookies and asked your permission to install them.
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. Click here for an explanation. Cookies are also placed on this website by third parties. These are for example analytical software companies and/or social media companies.
We do not make decisions based on automated processing about matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions taken by computer programs or systems, without a person (such as a Shielding Technologies employee) sitting between them.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object against the processing of your personal data by Shielding Technologies and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data that we hold about you in a computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com. To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but certainly within four weeks, at your request.
Authority Personal Data
We would also like to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can do that by using this link.
Third party websites
This statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links. This because we can not guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. In order to learn more about how they handle your data, always read the privacy statement of such websites. We may change this privacy statement from time to time.
Changes in the privacy statement
From time to time we can adjust this privacy statement and any change will be published on the website. We never use your data without permission for other purposes. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
This (renewed) privacy statement came into effect at 22 May 2018.